DATE: to be announced PRICE: to be announced
PCR and genotyping techniques (basic course)
Who is invited?
The course is dedicated to employees of universities, research institutes, inspections, companies from the R&D sector, as well as students of medical or natural sciences who want to gain knowledge and expand their research workshop with PCR-based molecular diagnostics methods.
The course focuses on the application of the PCR technique for microbiological diagnostics and genotyping of microorganisms. As part of the course, participants will gain the necessary knowledge to independently perform Multiplex PCR, species-specific PCR, PCR-RFLP and RAPD analyses. Both theoretical and practical knowledge will be provided. The detailed programme:
- Theoretical introduction: basic information about the PCR method, factors affecting the efficiency of the PCR reaction, overview of different PCR methods, genotyping methods based on DNA analysis
- Health and safety rules, work organization in the molecular biology laboratory
- Performing a species-specific PCR reaction
- Performing Multiplex PCR
- Restriction analysis of PCR products (PCR-RFLP)
- Genotyping by random polymorphic DNA amplification (RAPD)
- Theoretical introduction: various applications of the PCR method, genetic markers, SNPs, mutations and their significance
- Visualization of the results of species-specific PCR and Multiplex PCR via agarose gel electrophoresis
- Visualization of the results of PCR-RFLP and RAPD reactions via agarose gel electrophoresis
- Interpretation of the research results
The training will be conducted in small groups (up to 8 people) in the Research & Development Laboratory of IFB UG & MUG (20 Podwale Przedmiejskie street, 80-824 Gdańsk, Poland). Each participant will conduct all the experiments on his own in order to obtain the necessary laboratory practice. The courses will be conducted by experienced academia teachers, specialists and practitions in the field. The participants will receive certificates confirming acquisition of the practical skills.
If you need a specialized course from the field of molecular biology, microbiology, ISO standards, bioinformatics or chemistry feel free to contact our team. We collaborate with specialists from various fields and may prepare an individual offer for your group. Contact details:
dr Agata Motyka-Pomagruk (firstname.lastname@example.org; +48 606 406 058)
dr Wojciech Śledź (email@example.com; +48 603 297 737)
In the case of participation in the training of an employee raising professional qualifications and financing from public funds, it is possible to obtain a tax exemption after providing an appropriate statement. The statement should be signed by an authorized person. The scanned statement should be sent during registration for the course; the original can be delivered on the start date.